These egg cups are such a great way to start your day! I make them whenever I want my breakfast ready to go so I don’t have to worry about it. Plus they are healthy and set the tone for better eating throughout the day!
This past week I’ve barely had anything to eat throughout my days.Taking care of kids is hard work! I get them their meals and by the time I get myself something, they are done eating and I have to get them cleaned up and on with bath time, play time, nap time, etc. I basically run on coffee. So, this next week I’m focusing on feeding myself too! Because self care is important. I can’t take good care of the kids if I don’t take care of myself too.
I like to make these egg cups when I focus on better eating habits. They are really easy and fast. The recipe makes 12 and one serving is 2 egg cups. I found this recipe on Beachbody on Demand, but I changed it a bit to suit my preferences. And you change it too; you can add different veggies, cheese or no cheese 🙂 (we love cheese in our house, so I usually add cheddar or feta)
Veggie Egg Cups
- 1 bunch of spinach
- 1 small red pepper
- 1/4 milk
- 12 eggs
- salt tt
- pepper tt
- 1/4 cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a muffin pan (I spray mine with Pam).
- Cut up the spinach and pepper and mix together in a bowl. Shred or cut up the cheese (I hate using a grater because I always hurt myself. I swear those things hate me!)
- Scramble the eggs in a different bowl, together with the milk, salt and pepper.
- Place the spinach and pepper mix in the muffin pan, then pour the egg mix on top. Top with cheese and place in the oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until egg is cooked.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge once cooled. And there you go! Breakfast for the week is done!