Last weekend, J and I got to go to our very first hockey game together, courtesy of J’s boss. It was my first time ever attending a hockey game and J hadn’t been to one since he was little. We had so much fun!! So, I thought I would bake some cookies as a thank you.
And since it’s pumpkin season, I thought I would bake some pumpkin cookies! I love fall and all the fall flavors! I’m looking forward to baking some of my favorite fall recipes soon 🙂
I love this recipe! I found it on allrecipes but I changed some things in it. It’s really easy to make and the cookies are so yummy! Q likes them too, he pretty much inhaled half a cookie when I turned my back for a second 🙂
Iced Pumpkin Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 salt
For the Glaze
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 3 + tbsp milk (add enough to reach desired consistency)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together butter, white sugar and brown sugar. Add egg, vanilla and pumpkin puree and mix until creamy.
- Stir in dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture. Drop on cookie sheet by spoonfuls and flatten slightly. Use wet fingers to do this as the mixture is a little sticky.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool for a couple of minutes, then transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
- To make glaze: Mix together icing sugar, vanilla, butter and 1 tablespoon of milk. Gradually add more milk until you get a drizzling consistency. Drizzle glaze on top of cooled cookies.
- All done! Enjoy! They don’t need to be stored in an airtight container. I just put mine in a bowl and loosely covered them with a kitchen towel.
Note: This recipe makes roughly 36 cookies.