I had some ripe bananas on hand so I decided to try a different recipe than my regular banana bread. I came across this recipe on allrecipes but I changed a few things and turned it into a gluten free recipe. They turned out so good! You can’t even tell they are gluten free!
These are really easy to make and are so delicious. I used walnut pieces in the crumb topping, but next time I think I will try walnut crumbs. Some of the pieces sunk in the middle of the muffin a bit; however, that did not affect the taste. Also the original recipe didn’t call for walnuts, so if you are allergic or would rather not use nuts, just skip them. Increase the brown sugar in the crumb topping to 1/4 cup. Though they do add a nice crunch to the texture.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2-3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 walnut crumbs
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a muffin pan with 12 liners
- In a medium sized bowl mix together 1 1/2 cups of gluten free flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. In a separate bowl, mash the bananas, then add to a mixing bowl with the egg, sugars and oil. Mix in a stand mixer, then add the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Spoon the batter into the muffin pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the crumb ingredients, adding the butter last. Cut the butter in until the mix resembles crumbs. Sprinkle on top of muffins.
- Bake for about 18 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes then remove from pan and try not to eat all of them warm out of the oven 😀 Store in an air tight container.